How to Get Twitter-verified
Today GankStars became the first VG grassroots org to be verified on Twitter. As always, we're here to help the rest of the community so we hope this guide helps your org get verified as well:
- Twitter recently opened application process for verification. This was not available before, and now it is.
- You have to be logged in as the account you want to be verified.
- On the actual page describing the process, there's a tiny "form" link in the bottom 2 paragraphs.
- We checked "Check here if this is a company or brand or organization account."
- If you do not check this, you can only submit links to web sites that help identify you as being the legitimate account. If you do check it, you get to upload a file that proves your identity. In our case, we uploaded the first page of Articles of Organization that shows "GankStars eSports LLC" as the entity.
NOTE: we got declined at first with a vague e-mail message about "following instructions". Luckily for us, another verified user was surprised at the denial and @verified noticed this and e-mailed us a specific reason: our Twitter account's email address was not of the same domain as our web site (it was @gmail.com instead of @gankstars.gg). Once we fixed that (i.e. changed the email address associated with our Twitter account to email@example.com) - we got verified. So make sure your e-mail address domain matches your org's web site domain.